WAINWRIGHT, AK – Proxy packets have been distributed to all voting shareholders and voting is now open. To avoid any inaccuracies about which candidates appear on the proxy, the Olgoonik Corporation (OC) Board is sharing the following:
- All Alaska Native Corporation Boards, not just OC, determine who is on the corporate proxy.
- The OC Board reviews candidate filings and includes candidates on the corporate proxy with Board consensus.
- It’s true that ALL shareholders are eligible and allowed to run for OC Board as long as they follow state laws, but the OC Board determines who is on the corporate proxy. Any candidate may solicit their own proxies if they so choose.
- As a federal contractor, the corporation is under close scrutiny from federal agencies and the OC Board is responsible for corporate governance.
- If individuals have proven to be a distraction to the mission of OC, the Board can choose not to include their names on our corporate proxy.
- OC notifies candidates if the Board chooses not to include them on the corporate proxy and informs them they may still run a “write in” campaign.
- OC’s outside legal advisors participate, review, and make recommendations on our Annual Meeting-related materials to ensure compliance with ANCSA and state law.
- The OC Board must look out for the best interests of the corporation. Sometimes that means making carefully considered decisions that some shareholders may disagree with. We understand that.
For any questions about how to vote your proxy, please refer to the proxy statement and the voting instructions in your mailed proxy packet. Additionally, shareholders may contact the Inspector of Elections, Sramek-Hightower, at 907-677-3320 to request your voting PIN for online voting. They will ask several questions to verify your identity before re-issuing you a PIN. Proxy voting ends on June 8. All proxies, mailed or online, must be received by the Inspector of Elections by 5PM on June 8, 2022 to be eligible. Shareholders who attend the meeting in Wainwright on June 11 will also have the opportunity to vote in person.